This reminded me of something else I read quite a while ago that recommended adding a BUT clause to every negative thought you have in order to turn it into a positive.
I thought perhaps I should have a go at this today so here is my version....
- I am getting old BUT I have lived through some *interesting* times
- I am losing my hearing BUT it is so darned peaceful around here now
- My house is old and shabby BUT at least I don't have to worry too much about housework
- I drink too much BUT I shall be a very happy corpse
- My husband is the world's grumpiest old man BUT I do have someone to catch spiders for me
- The world is going to the dogs BUT ... oh, see 1 and 4 above....
I'm sure I could think of more, given time and inclination.