First stop was Castletown for a coffee and a stroll around.
On the way home P suggested a stop at Silverdale Glen as he wanted to take a look at the Victorian water powered roundabout.
It is a pretty little place for a walk with a small stream, mill and boating lake.
This little place is named for the Silverburn River which flows through the glen.
The roundabout was not in use today, given it is a weekday out of season so no children about, but we had a good look around. It dates from around 1890 and is apparently the only surviving, working example in the British Isles and Europe.
For anyone who is interested, there is a very good short article on the isleofman.com website with some history of the site...