Well, so far this has been a week to test my stress tolerance levels, such as they are.
On Monday afternoon the estate agent listed our house for sale, at about the same time as we were leaving for our overnight stay in Douglas.
On Tuesday morning I attended the jury service ballot, as mentioned in my previous post, and was excused eventually. By the time I met P for coffee afterwards and checked my text messages we learned that the agent had already received 22 requests to view our property and was in the process of booking appointments over the coming days. This would entail us being out of the house whilst the viewings were being held - Wednesday through to Monday! We were a little gobsmacked to say the least and were desperately trying to work out where we could go each day to wait until the coast was clear and we could return home.
Tuesday afternoon was spent doing some last minute cleaning and tidying ready for all these viewings. No, P, don't sit on that sofa and mess up the cushions!
The first couple who viewed the house on Wednesday loved it and offered the full asking price before leaving, saying that they were cash buyers and did not need a mortgage so would be ready to proceed provided a survey report was favourable.
We were taken aback, in a good way, and obviously very pleased so accepted the offer and the agent cancelled all the remaining viewings. We just have to hope that it all goes through now.
Today, Thursday, we were due to attend a second viewing of the bungalow that we want to buy but the Vendor cancelled at the last minute. We think it may possibly be due to the evolving news coming throughout the day that the island has had seven new cases of the virus in the last 24 hours, resulting from a crew member of the ferry company testing positive. We were all fully expecting another lockdown to be announced this evening but the 6 p.m. briefing said that, for now, there would be no immediate restrictions but we should all take extra precautions. Well, I am certainly pretty ticked off that I was forced to cram into a tiny jury room with 21 other people for 2 hours on Tuesday morning when there was a potential virus threat at the time!
Tomorrow, we are hoping to go for our postponed second viewing of the bungalow, suitably masked, and our buyers have asked to have a second viewing of our house at the same time. We hope they don't change their minds as it all seems to be too good to be true.
We shall see.