Closing Down

I suppose I was a little naive in thinking that I could write my blog diary with some degree of anonymity but, of course, the internet does not allow mere mortals to get away with such foolish notions.

Now that my little blog has attracted some embarrassing amusement amongst some who know me, or know of me at least, I feel the time has come to call it a day.

I shall continue to follow and comment on those blogs that I enjoy reading each day and hope to continue conversations with blog friends out there.

Good night.


40 comments:

  1. You will be missed. I am sorry you have to go although I understand why. Thank you for sharing parts of your life with us. Take care and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are not going to blog anymore, if you start blogging again leave a comment telling me that on my blog terragarden with your blog name and I will follow you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear that you will be no longer blogging. I have really enjoyed reading your posts.
    Sue in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comment moderator JayCee. I wish I got your comments. I got over 1700 views for my Ballyshannon and Michael Schenker blog yesterday and just one comment from YP.

    ReplyDelete


  5. That is such a shame. I shall miss your pithy posts. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs. I will miss your blog. I have enjoyed it very much. I do understand why you are leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you'll reconsider once your notoriety dies down. I do enjoy your musings and especially your Isle of Man tales.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m sorry to hear that JC….even though I didn’t comment on a regular basis I was a regular reader. Not fast and furious (or complaining) your life was certainly of interest to us as well as the little bits of Island Lore you often mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, not another blog life snuffed out by thems that can't do but can only belittle to make themselves feel bigger. Ok we don't know the background but we will follow any incarnation of you if you decide to return to sharing your take on IoM and the world. Enjoy your armchair. Xxx F and Mr B

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am quite disappointed but you must do what you need to do. We'll just go and sob in the corner😉

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will miss sharing your 'similar' life on the other side of our world. Thankyou for sharing your gardens and all the history and general daily happenings, best wishes from the bottom of our big island in southern Australia. P.S weather here today 6 to 14degC I will miss seeing IOM weather report.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry you need to go. I didn't comment often but always enjoyed your blog. My best wishes to you..

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry to hear you're leaving the realm of blogs. Your humour and your view of life are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for all your posts, always a joy, sorry you ar going, wishing you well for the future

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will miss your posts. Hope all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for your interesting posts. I will miss reading them, but understand your reasons for stopping. Very best wishes to you and P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Jaycee, I'm so sorry that you've decided to stop blogging. I have really enjoyed all your posts.
    My good wishes to you and P - take care and enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I accidentally left my post on Rachel's blog after reading that you are leaving us. So just to say Jaycee that I shall miss your posts and hope one day you will feel like joining us again. Best wishes to you both - and enjoy your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We shall all miss you Jaycee, light and bright, do think again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Will miss your humour and the view from IOM. Take care, JC.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh no! I shall miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I shall miss hearing about life on the Isle of Man. I would say ignore the idiots but if they have upset you a lot I guess that's not so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It seems a shame to let some critical and silly people drive you away from something you've enjoyed writing and people have enjoyed reading for a long time. I hope you change your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've not long found your blog....but at least you can visit all of us and leave interesting comments!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That’s a shame. But I understand just how things can get you down , only tonight I’ve seen the petty and negative sides to blogging yet again
    Hopefully your feelings will pass

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sorry to hear you're stopping blogging, but do understand why. Wishing you both health and happiness x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wait! What??!! I was only gone away 2 nights and something must have happened that I missed while I was gone. I am so sorry you feel you have to stop and I hope to see you when we comment on the same blogs but I will miss you very much! I always enjoyed your posts about you and P and the IofM! Please take care and be in touch when you can, JayCee! xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am in the dark as to why you are stopping, but I'm so sorry you've been forced to do so. I enjoyed reading your blog particularly about the Isle of Man where my father was interned during the war as a refugee. I do hope to visit there one day and your blog made me all the more hungry to visit. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  30. It was your avatar that made you look like a member of The Bangles what did it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well I've been rather absent (can one be rather absent?) recently but I shall miss you too. Bye (for now?).

    ReplyDelete
  32. You shall be missed, but we'll all watch for your witty comments elsewhere. Best wishes to you & P!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sorry to read that you are going. I enjoyed reading about your life in the Isle of Man. Look forward to seeing you pop up in people’s comments. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sorry to hear that your attitude towards blogging has been compromised JayCee. I notice that the only post that remains is your very first one.As Dave suggested, why not continue blogging but with comment moderation turned "on"? It is a shame that other people have upset you over a healthy pursuit that has brought you into regular contact with faraway strangers like me and Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm sorry to hear that you no longer feel 'anonymous'. I take it you are referring to people in your community and maybe family members/ friends? I don't think many people in my family, if any, read my blog and as for other people I know, that may have changed recently as I was interviewed for my local Rambler's magazine and my blog details published....not sure how I feel about people I know reading my blog (unless I have invited them to, of course) so I think I understand where you are coming from.

    I shall miss your blogs and life on the IOM and your travel adventures. If you want to carry on don't let others put you off. You can turn on comment moderation and give them the chop. There are some miserable gits out there and let's not give them space!

    Wishing you all the very best and hope to see your comments on other's blogs and do pop across to mine and say hello. I'll still be waving at you from the ferry...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. A I understand, from Jaycee's comments, it sounds as though it's people she actually knows and possibly local people who know of her, whose comments have caused her to close down. It's such a shame because we've all enjoyed her blog so much.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Still missing you very much Jaycee. We hope that you & P are keeping well x
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just found your blog and now you are gone, sad. GG

    ReplyDelete

Although I am quite used to talking to myself, any comments on my posts are very welcome, provided they are not abusive. I do reply to them so please check back. It's good to talk (!)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.